2 Dogs & A Cat

Monday, March 19, 2007

Weekend Review

Lloyd, Jack and I went camping this weekend. I had lots of fun and will go again under one condition: the weather needs to be warmer. I have never been so cold in my life. As many of you know, the weather was not in our favor on Friday. It had rained the night before and on Friday morning. We thought, "No big deal. We'll wait till the rain stops." We watched the news and hung around the house. The rain stopped and we left for our trip around lunch time. We hiked in for about 2 or 3 miles and set up camp around 2:00ish (I think). The hike going in was not hard but I had my problems. My pack was not adjusted correctly and my knee was hurting really bad. I also had what I called a near-death experience. I twisted my ankle and feel on my knees. No big deal, I fall all the time. When I tried to get up but I couldn't. My pack was to heavy I fell on my back and I couldn't get up. While on my back (feet and hands swinging in the air like a turtle) the strip at goes around your chest moved up around my neck and I could not breathe. Jack came running to my rescue and Lloyd was right behind him. My men saved me and I'm okay. When we finally got to our camp site we had a major problem. We could not get a fire started due to all the wood being wet from the rain that morning. This is something we didn't consider before. We finally got the fire started after the sun went down. Our tent and sleeping bags were awesome. I woke up very early on Sat morning having to go to the bathroom. But it was dark and very, very cold. I waited until Lloyd was up (3 hours later) before I went. It was so cold on Sat. morning - I wore like 4 layers of clothing trying to keep warm. We ate and packed up our camp and head out. The hike out was harder than the hike in. I thought we would never get home. But, we got home around 2:00 on Saturday. It was a fun trip. And I'm really surprised how great Jack did. Next time, I'll have to make sure my pack is adjusted correctly and the weather is warmer.

I have pictures of our trip to share with you. But I cannot put them yet. I have to find the cable that you hook up to the camera to upload the pictures onto the computer. I will look for it tonight and try to get the pictures up ASAP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home