2 Dogs & A Cat

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Bitter Sweet

This past weekend was bitter sweet for me and Lloyd. Here's how:

The Sweet Part: Lloyd and I got to go to the Clemson Homecoming Game. We arrived in Clemson around 9:15 am (Kick-off wasn't until 7:45 pm). Why did we get there so early? Hello, Game Day Baby! After we left Game Day we started tailgating. We had an awesome spot. And of course, Lloyd didn't let us down. And along with some faithful friends, Lloyd provided food for a small army. Lloyd is the ultimate Grill Master. The game was fun too. Come on, who wouldn't enjoy watch Clemson bet Georgia Tech 31-7?

The Bitter Part: Since kick-off wasn't until 7:45 pm, we didn't get back to our tailgate until sometime after 11:00 pm. We cleaned up everything and sat in traffic for over an hour and a half. While sitting in traffic, my body got stiff and my throat begin to hurt. By the time we got home (around 2:00 am) my whole body is in pain. I was mentally and physically exhausted. I was so drained, I didn't make it to church on Sunday. I slept all day. I spent all day Monday recovering too.

You see how it's a bitter sweet weekend? We had lots of fun - but we paid dearly. Would we do it all again? You bet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home