2 Dogs & A Cat

Monday, September 18, 2006

Another Year Older - More To Smile About

Oh I am so blessed with a great family. Last Thursday was my birthday. I got some great gifts. I know that getting gifts is not what birthdays are all about - but it's a big part. I got a Clemson watch from my Hubby - loved it. I got scrapbooking stuff and a peanut butter cake from my parents - loved it. I got a gift card from my Sis - loved it. And Vera Bradley from my in-laws - loved it. Oh yea, I got money from everyone else - really loved it. Didn't I tell you I got some awesome gifts! We went out to eat and had a blast.
And speaking of having a blast - my dogs are living it up. We got a kennel that my in-laws had moved to our house. The kennel was built on a huge slab of concrete (Jack won't be able to dig his way out of that thing). Oh Carson and Jack love being together. I watch them play and rest together. I think they like it better than being tied up on a runner. They are having so much fun. So, what prompt us to get the kennel? Well, Jack got off his runner on Wednesday and ran away. If you remember correctly, it was raining like crazy on Wednesday. When I noticed he was missing, I went walking around the neighborhood in the pouring rain. I decided that I should get in the car and drive around to look of him. Jack ran up behind me as I went to unlock the car. I was so happy that he was home and safe. But I was so angry that he ran away. I praised him for coming home and loved on him for a few minutes. But later, I fussed at him for running away. Jack looked so sad. I really think that Jack knew that he made me sad. I am so happy that Jack came home and I told Lloyd we have to get the kennel moved. I couldn't go through that again. I love my dogs so much - I don't want them to run away or get hurt. So, Lloyd and I got the kennel moved. Jack and Carson love it. Plus, they are safer in the kennel and I know they won't get out. But knowing those dogs, they are having to much fun playing around to worry about getting out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home